Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bad Neighbor or Bad Mom?

Ok, so it is Sunday. Minding my own business. Cleaning the grill.

Neighbors behind us have a jump castle up for an earlier birthday party. See where this is going yet? Well the older kids were invited to come over and jump when all guests left. So I am hearing them have a blast...then...castle starts to tip and it is rolling over to the side. (Camera is in the house and not put together). Castle is now on the side and the kids are screaming..."help us, somebody help us, help us..." Next thing I see are parents fleeing their homes and running to the backyard. Needless to say the castle was immediately deflated and the fun ended.

My immediate thinking was what is up with these kids? I am NOT running through the poisen ivy and jumping fences to deal with these kids. Bad on the parents for putting up the the castle on a sloping backyard? Bad on the kids for being kids? Bad on me not to act and react?

Wish I had the pictures...but here are a couple of Annie and Aidan from yesterday!






No comments: